Energy Efficiency - introducing new strategies and changing old habits
At 9.00 AM, 11.00 AM and 1.00 PM Peter Stanley the Education Officer from Regional Development Australia Northern Inland will be speaking on a range of energy saving subjects directed at the mums and dads of the district towards showing them how they can best make improvements about their household to save energy and so reduce their operating costs.
- Improving lighting efficiency. Peter will show a lighting panel comparing different types of lamps
- Upgrade possibilities for household appliances
- Efficient operation of household equipment - air conditioning, domestic appliances, standby settings
- Improving the thermal fabric of your home Insulation - insulation, sealing windows and insulating curtains.
This and other talks will held in between these presentations will cover PVs, solar hot water, heat pumps and power storage. We will have examples of solar PVs and other equipment on display at the stall.
At 10.00 AM, 12.00 PM, 2.00 PM Sandra Low and Owen Croft will be demonstrating Vacola bottling food preservation techniques.
Vacola bottling gives you:
- The pleasure of saving your own food - especially if it's something you've grown yourself
- Avoids the risk of total loss due to power failure when kept in a freezer
- Avoids the ongoing cost of running a freezer
- Avoids the large capital outlay of purchasing and the energy cost of manufacturing a large freezer
- Massive quantities of produce can be stored for later use can be had when the price of that fruit may be quite high later in the year
- Some wonderful combinations of herbs and spices can fully mature in the stored food over those months of storage
Sandra’s and Owen’s demonstrations have received a very popular audience at recent Uralla Shows.
At 10.40 AM and 12.40 AM Tara Whitton will be showing what options are available for insulated curtains to dramatically reduce heat loss through windows and doors. She will have a display of options on hand for your inspection.
We will have a number of experts on hand through the day to answer your questions about energy saving and energy making options that are the basis of the ZNET project. They and the talks will be supported by a number of very valuable energy saving booklets provided by the Office of Environment & Heritage for you to take home.
Follow ZURG on twitter at @ZnetURG
Like ZURG on facebook at http:/www.facebook.com/ZnetURG
What is ZURG you ask? Zeronet energy town pioneering in Uralla, NSW http://z-net.org.au/